Last modified: August 9,2017
[Oakwood University] [and its affiliates] (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the [College Pathway GEMConnect Application] (the “App”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see “THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION” below).
Our websites and apps, and these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [CONTACT INFORMATION].
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, [resume,] [social security number,] or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE APP COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your major, minor, career objectives or history, resume, GPA, credits earned, student identification number, classification, academic standing, semester hours or other similar academic or career related information.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, posting material and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the App.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) of the App or on public areas of websites you access through the App (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.